Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Lounge day in the auto shop

We spent the morning in the shop but by 11 we were antsy and went put for a ride on our bikes. 

McDonald's won't take orders on a bike.  We went over to Burger King.  I went in while Dad stayed put with Mindy.  While waiting a homeless man came in and ordered.  His card wasn't working so I instinctively stepped up and paid for him.  He didn't even realize for two minutes when he found enough cash for one sandwich.  He was delighted to be able to get what he really wanted.  Made me feel good too.

After a short ride we went back to the shop to find out they had to order parts.  We took the van to drive around town.

Dad wasn't feeling well so while he was sleeping I went scouting.  There are no public dumpsters so I made three grocery bag trips to Safeways trash cans out front.

The best find was the redwood forest city park.  It felt just as wonderful as the Sequoia National Park with slightly smaller trees. 
May have been one of my favorite spots this far on the trip.

After shopping and walking we were ready to go back and watch a movie in the alleyway of the autoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment