Wednesday, April 8, 2020

"What do you need me to do?"

One of the ways we have been asked to prepare for General Conference was to ask God where He needs us, what He wants us to do.  I have done that but felt like I wasn't getting any inspiration.  I haven't felt well, so much of my time was spent trying to get on top of things again and I felt perfectly fine crocheting and watching Hallmark movies as I needed the break.  But time clicked on and still no response to my prayers.

Then as the news hit that we were short of PPE's for the medical staff, my focus turned to masks and how I could make some.  I spent a fair amount of time researching the most effective kind and came up against a few very negative Facebook posts that they were of no value.  I finally decided to make them anyway, as Candice was having to reuse masks for multiple days and multiple rooms.  I was able to take my first batch up to her a week ago.

Then right after that, the area Mission President asked our ward to sew 50 for the missionaries.  Quality Market needed some and then a few ward members also asked, including Sherri for Diamond D.  I have spent the past 3 days mostly at the sewing machine.

I was feeling very badly that I wasn't getting inspiration as to where He needed me, and yet the opportunity was dumped right in my lap.  I didn't feel any extra "spirit" leading me it was just where I naturally went.  I would say that this time I was lead where my natural desires lead me with worry about Candice and others, but I look back knowing I went where He needed me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment